RECOMMENDED GUIDELINES FOR CURTAIN TRACKS AND RODS PERTAINING TO THE CORRECT INSTALLATION ENDORSED BY THE WINDOW COVERINGS ASSOCIATION OF AUSTRALIA Inc.
- Workplace Health and Safety standards should be adhered to at all times.
- Contractors must have adequate public liability insurance cover, ensuring that the policy covers damage liability.
- Masonry Fixing: When fixing into solid concrete, brick or block walls the minimum size of screw to be used is an 8 gauge 35mm in conjunction with self expanding wall plugs such as Hilti, Ramset or rawl type, the size of the screw and plug should be relative to the weight and projection of the curtain.
- Metal and Steel Frame Fixing: For steel frames screw sizes should be a minimum of 6 gauge 25mm in either a self drilling Tec Screw or a Fine Threaded Self Tapping Screw. For fixing into Steel Lintel bars Pop Rivets or Tec Screws are recommended.
- Gyprock and Veneer Fixing: Fixing to Gyprock or Veneer where a stud or noggin is located behind the wall the screw should be a minimum of 7 gauge 30mm. Where timber is not present hollow wall anchors or toggle bolts should be used.
- Timber Fixing: When fixing into timber walls such as VJ's the minimum size of screw to be used is a 6 gauge 19mm, the recommended size is 7 gauge 30mm.
- All brackets are to be installed according to manufacturer's specification and quantities, end brackets are to be installed where applicable.
- All tracks shall be installed to appear level, unless otherwise specified in writing, and secured in accordance to the manufacturer's specification.
- All corded tracks are to have Cord Weights or Child Safety Devices Fitted and Warning Tags are to be left on for removal by the customer. The customer should be trained in the use of Safety devices where applicable.
- Ensure sliders on track are moving freely and excess slides should be removed.
- Tracks should be lubricated with silicon spray prior to hanging curtains.
- Ensure Cord operated tracks are overlapping in the centre and one way draws are overlapping the end of the track.
- Any other changes or requirements that are different to the standards must be specified in writing
Download our standards information:
Roman Blind Standards
Track Installation Standards